<

I can't install Minecraft mods on my mac?

Postby cronan75 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:58 pm

I have recently tried to install some mods onto my version of Minecraft (Aether and Yogbox) but when I go to log in all I get is a black screen. I have the newest version 1.7.3 and I have tried deleting the META-INF folder but I still have no luck. I have a 2008 iMac with the newest version of leopard (I'm fairly sure) and before all of you Windows fanboys start comment on why Macs aren't good for gaming I usually game on my Xbox 360 I just play Minecraft on a computer.
cronan75

Postby belldon54 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:01 pm

Try following this Minecraft forum thread. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/63502-mods-manually-modify-minecraftjar-mac-291010/
Personally, I don't own a Mac, so I don't know if it works. The thread makes sanse though. If it does work, then great. If not, then try searching for mods that say on the website or forum that they work on macs. I have seen text like "mac purchase" on quite numerous Minecraft forum threads. A few also have mac-specific install instructions.
Another great resource at your disposal is the Minecraft Wiki page: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Programs_and_editors. Here, look about a third of the way down in the small "Modding" section for the green Apple symbols. Every "Minecraftian" should use the Minecraft Wiki in some way.
Happy Minecrafting!
belldon54

<

Postby deron54 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Warren is obviously stupid. Since he's talking about totally random things.
Anyway what I would suggest is redownloading the mods. Find tutorials of the mod on my friend's site. Make sure you do everything it says. It should work by then.

If it doesn't then just copy your save games then put them in a separate folder. Then just delete the whole folder. Then run minecraft. Then close it. Then reinstall the mods AGAIN.
deron54

Postby justain80 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:12 pm

Warren is obviously stupid. Since he's talking about totally random things.
Anyway what I would suggest is redownloading the mods. Find tutorials of the mod on my friend's site. Make sure you do everything it says. It should work by then.

If it doesn't then just copy your save games then put them in a separate folder. Then just delete the whole folder. Then run minecraft. Then close it. Then reinstall the mods AGAIN.
I wouldn't Mod, I've gotten into some deep **** for Modding on Xbox Live, haha. But, I still do it and make Developer Kits to waste so much real time. But, I have no idea what else to tell you but never Mod online, because then everyone does it, and you can sell Mods if anyone doesn't know. You want to make money? Switch to Xbox Live Modding, it's the best. But you're at risk. Plus, Macs are shitty for Modding, and gaming. Switch to an expensive Dell and you'll be good until your gaming career is over.
justain80

Return to iMac