<

Has FedEx lost my package?

Postby raedburne » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:59 pm

I had ordered a customized 27 inch iMac, so the package was almost 50 pounds. On November 10, I received confirmation that FedEx had initiated and picked up my package. The following day it shipped and departed from Sacremento, CA. That occurred at 9:33 AM on November 11. Since then, I have yet to receive any confirmation as to the location of my package or any status pertaining to the shipment. Is this normal, and if so, when will I receive any confirmation as to it's location or date of arrival? It's never taken this long for the delivery of a package. To my knowledge, it's being shipped via Apple's default shipping; FedEx Ground.
raedburne

Postby horton » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:05 pm

No, that's not normal. It is very unlikely your package is lost, though.

FedEx scans every package every time it is loaded onto or off of a truck, and at every FedEx facility it goes through. The scans are uploaded to the tracking information very quickly, typically within three minutes. Occasionally a packages scan info doesn't upload to the tracking page. Although it's frustrating, you have little to worry about.

Packages from Apple are sent with an SPH (special package handling) designation. They are carefully tracked and handled throughout shipping and tend to be extremely safe. Although it may not arrive today (I don't know which time zone you're in or how late your driver is out), it should arrive within the next two days.

If you are still concerned you can call 800-GO-FEDEX with your tracking ID and see if they can tell what's going on. Customer service has access to the internal tracking info that's not available on the website.

Good luck, and I hope you love it!
horton

<

Postby elliston95 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:08 pm

Its only been 1 business day....relax. If you are so concerned about it, why don't you ask FedEx??? Also, FedEx Ground takes 7-10 business days to be received. They are NOT going to update the status everyday the item is in transit.
elliston95

Return to iMac