<

How do i restore my imac to its factory settings.?

Postby knox » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:22 pm

have the 27inch imac running snow leopard, ALSO, if i restore it, will that make it run as fast as the day i bought it? and, i have a few discs that came with it, like install discs 1 and 2, applications install dvd,
knox

Postby eadger71 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:28 pm

have the 27inch imac running snow leopard, ALSO, if i restore it, will that make it run as fast as the day i bought it? and, i have a few discs that came with it, like install discs 1 and 2, applications install dvd,
Before doing a restore/reinstall you may want to try running a application available at no charge though donations are requested. The app, Titanium Onyx, runs the maintenance aspects of Macs along with doing some basic clean up of internet browser, archived logs, and a host of other files. Before installing the application, first go to disk utility and run verify and repair permissions along with verify the disk. Running these often prevent complications when a new application is installed.

It possible installing this application will save you the time needed to reinstall the OS and applications. Also check the link below regarding using Time Machine. The use of this one application provided with a Mac can save you hours of grief when something goes wrong with the Mac.
eadger71

<

Postby smedley92 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:33 pm

Not a wiz on Macs . but similar internals to a PC, you must be able to take it back to factory, with a restore partition or discs, and I assume a defrag won't hurt them either, so if they do slow down they must have similar problems to PC's, fragmentation, memory, registry and browsing history issues, I see Norton Internet Security 2011 is available for Mac's , not sure if it is for dual booting or they not as impurvious as first thought?
smedley92

Return to iMac