<

IMac Noob question - Changing my login icon picture?

Postby jacob34 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:42 am

I have 10,000+ photos uploaded to iPhoto under my user name. I am the administrator. When I try to change my login icon the following happens - I go to Accounts, and choose mine. I click on my icon picture. I click on 'edit picture'. I click 'choose'. This gives me three options within the 'Pictures' menu - iChat icons, iPhoto Library and Photo Booth Library. I click once on iPhoto Library and it shows the details - size 9.57GB created yesterday, but when I click on 'open' there are no photos! Clicking 'choose' again just takes me back to the 'pictures' folder and the the same three options again.

Can anyone tell me how to use my iPhoto library in my user icon picture please?
jacob34

Postby durward35 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:45 am

User pictures are 48 x 48 pixels. Edit a picture to that size and it will be suitable for a user picture.
durward35

<

Postby azaryahu60 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:50 am

What you are doing should "just work". Are you seeing any actual pictures from the iPhoto library? If not you need to enlarge the window so that the iPhoto pictures can be seen in the lower pane. You then select an individual picture and click Open. You can then position/resize it before clicking the Set button to use the picture.
azaryahu60

Return to iMac