<

I need to cut out about 45 seconds of the beginning of a song then again in the middle. How with Itunes?

I need to cut out about 45 seconds of the beginning of a song then again in the middle. How with Itunes?

Postby akwetee84 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:50 pm

Trying to cut out 45 seconds of the beginning of a song I have on my Itunes library. Then again in the middle of that song, I need to take out about 45 seconds. Any ideas on how to splice this? Do I need to purchase a program for my Imac? Please help Obi Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope!
akwetee84

Postby archaimbaud53 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:52 pm

GarageBand should already be on your iMac and you can use that to edit a song in your iTunes library. If you open GarageBand and don't see your iTunes library, click on the icon in the lower right-hand corner that has a couple of music notes and a little film clip on it. That should pull in your iTunes library in a panel along the right-hand side. Pick the song from the right-hand column and drag it into the area to the left. That will open the song up so that you can edit out the parts you don't want.

To cut out a section, move the red line to where you want to edit and select Split from the Edit menu. Once you have the part you want to delete as its own section, you can highlight it and hit the delete key.

Hope that helps!
archaimbaud53

Return to iMac