<

Should I Buy A Used Mac Computer?

Postby geoffrey67 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:19 pm

I have a few hundred dollars and want to buy a Mac. (In a few months when I'll have more money.) I'm only 16 years old and I don't have a job, so in my mind buying a brand new $1200+ computer isn't very realistic. I'm wondering if buying a 24 inch 2008 iMac (possibly used/refurbished because stores won't sell new ones) for $700 or how ever much someone would sell it for would be a good idea. I would eventually buy the wireless keyboard and Magic mouse, as well as OS X Snow Leopard to make it as up to date as possible. Someone on my friend's site that I watch apparently has a 2008 iMac (24') and it looks really nice. So, would it be fine to try to save some money but still buy a Mac or should I just wait forever and a day until I have enough money for a computer that costs as much as a car? P.S. I've never had a Mac and I'm getting sick of Windows. Thus the reason for buying a Mac.
Also, I don't game on my current computer. I stick to consoles. Another reason I want a Mac is for better video editing on iMovie, as well as Hevetica font, as silly as that sounds.
geoffrey67

Postby tahmelapachme » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:21 pm

I like your idea for buying the refurbished one, but you must choose carefully which store you plan to purchase from.

Refurbished notebook usually requires a lot of test to ensure they are in good condition for selling. You can visit

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

to find the special deal from Apple with official warranty. If it can save your few hundred bucks and work well, why not go for refurbished? =)
tahmelapachme

<

Postby timon » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:30 pm

i think i just answered this question well anyway then yes video editing is better on a mac.
timon

Postby blakey » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:34 pm

You never want to buy a used computer...it's one of those things you must have new.
blakey

Postby beaufort » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:38 pm

I started to earn $ with little out of pocket. I commend this real report to learn how: http://2su.de/7zU
beaufort

Return to iMac