<

Why cant a imac do everything a windows 7 computer can do?

Postby pearce89 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:17 am

And what can't an iMac do that a Win7 PC can? As far as I know, all the standard features of Windows are duplicate or have similar features in the MacOS. There is also a Mac version (or silimar program) of almost all Windows software. About the only thing a MAC can not do is to run Windows only software and games. But then, a Windows PC can not run MAC only software or games.
pearce89

Postby gabrio17 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:26 am

And what can't an iMac do that a Win7 PC can? As far as I know, all the standard features of Windows are duplicate or have similar features in the MacOS. There is also a Mac version (or silimar program) of almost all Windows software. About the only thing a MAC can not do is to run Windows only software and games. But then, a Windows PC can not run MAC only software or games.
Do I look like Steve Jobs to you?

(Sorry to anyone I have offended...RIP Steve Jobs)
gabrio17

<

Postby nefen » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:30 am

Can you be more specific? There's nothing my Windows 7 box can do that my Mac can't do. There are, however, things my Mac can do that my Windows box can't do due to the fact that Mac OS is a variant of Unix. Historically Macs have been weakest when it comes to gaming. This is no longer true, especially with Steam's Mac support.

Edit - Windows machines can only record TV shows if they have the proper hardware, like a tuner card. Macs can do the exact same thing with the proper hardware (http://terrywhite.com/techblog/turn-mac-hd-dvr-eyetv-hd/ is one example). And Windows machines may be more compatible with more games, but which one is better is 100% dependent upon the hardware specs. A Mac that has an i7 and 8GB of RAM will be better at gaming than a Windows machine with an i5 and 4GB of RAM. When comparing exact same hardware configurations, Macs generally outperform Windows PCs.
nefen

Return to iMac