<

Why do I keep getting random disconnects?

Postby lambart23 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:36 pm

I am currently using a Sony Vaio VGN-NR110E laptop. On any other wireless network I have ever connected to, I have had no problems. I always get a consistent, strong connection...except at work. We use a Mac Airport Extreme Base Station that has the 1TB hard drive on it to run Time Machine. We have 3 iMac desktops that connect to the same network wirelessly, and they have never had any problems. I can connect with my Vaio just fine, but I will be surfing the internet or gaming and the connection will randomly drop. It says Im still connected to the network, and the signal is fine, but I cannot access any webpages and I am always kicked out of my game. I then have to manually disconnect from the network, then reconnect, and it works fine. Then, about a half hour or so later, it will do the same thing. I have tried turning off two of the three iMacs in order to give myself some more bandwidth, but that doesnt do anything. Im beginning to think it may be a Mac to PC issue. Any suggestions? Thanks!
lambart23

Postby birkit70 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:42 pm

I am currently using a Sony Vaio VGN-NR110E laptop. On any other wireless network I have ever connected to, I have had no problems. I always get a consistent, strong connection...except at work. We use a Mac Airport Extreme Base Station that has the 1TB hard drive on it to run Time Machine. We have 3 iMac desktops that connect to the same network wirelessly, and they have never had any problems. I can connect with my Vaio just fine, but I will be surfing the internet or gaming and the connection will randomly drop. It says Im still connected to the network, and the signal is fine, but I cannot access any webpages and I am always kicked out of my game. I then have to manually disconnect from the network, then reconnect, and it works fine. Then, about a half hour or so later, it will do the same thing. I have tried turning off two of the three iMacs in order to give myself some more bandwidth, but that doesnt do anything. Im beginning to think it may be a Mac to PC issue. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Just got a brand new MAC and it does the same thing. Its not my rauter because it happens at school, my house and someone elses house. My Acer PC connects to the internet just fine and never drops. I hope someone knows the anwser
birkit70

Return to iMac