<

Connected to internet but browser won't load?

Postby darweshi8 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:34 am

So this problem has persisted over a couple of days now. Apparently I do have internet connection through the use of an ipad as well as a laptop (using wifi), however my family's desktop that uses an Ethernet cable for some reason will not load pages, or would only load the page half way or even continue loading even the the page is fully there. Connection is there through the use of a brother's steam account and his starcraft 2 multiplayer, but the internet just will not load.

First it said that my dns server wasn't responding, so i tried the "ipconfig / release (etc)" solution. That problem was fixed but showed no effect. I've done a system restore thinking i accidentally disabled something but with same results. I have done a virus scan through avg but nothing is there also.

I know i have internet connection, the pages are there (google facebook, the bigger sites) however when i try other sites it takes a loong time to load or just will not come to show at all?

really stuck on this one, I'll provide more info if necessary.
darweshi8

Postby kelvin28 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:35 am

ipconfig /renew

Perhaps check the settings on your anti virus.
Check settings on browser also.
Try another browser.

Or try this,
1. Turn off wifi on laptop.
2. connect laptop to router /w ethernet cable
3. See if it can load those pages.
If it can load those pages, it's probably a client side problem with your desktop.
kelvin28

<

Postby carleton » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:51 am

I don't understand what you mean by "Connection is there through the use of a brother's steam account and his starcraft 2 multiplayer", but I suspect that that is the problem. I assume that means that the ethernet cable from the desktop is NOT connected (directly) to the router (the box that gives you WiFi)? Well... it should be. There is no way for your desktop to get a VALID IP address which will connect you to the internet, when it is connected through an intermediate device. The pages/parts you do get are probably remnants form the browser cache or they do get through but with such a detour that you effectively have no connection at all.

Connect the desktop straight to the router and your problems will be over.
carleton

Return to iPad