<

For my 6 & 8 year old girls. they want a ipad, kindle fire...etc. would a pandigital android reader be good?

For my 6 & 8 year old girls. they want a ipad, kindle fire...etc. would a pandigital android reader be good?

Postby lafayette » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:47 am

They just want to play games and read books. HELP!
lafayette

Postby aviur93 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:48 am

They just want to play games and read books. HELP!
Hello, Amy, Kindle Fire was pretty popular because of all the hype that Amazon created in the press before anyone could see or touch the device. A lot of people pre-ordered it and now if you look at Amazon's own web site reviews of the device there's a lot of disappointed folks out there that left 1-2 start reviews. Nook Tablet - according to pro reviews on the web - is a class above Kindle Fire in terms of hardware and performance. Per reviews out there, Nook has a much better screen and a much better/smoother performance while playing movies than choppy Kindle Fire's act. It has double the RAM and is much zippier than Fire in both booting times and loading apps. It has microSD slot (not on Kindle) for more content space (and you can have more than one card) and rooting without voiding the warranty. Also, Nook Tablet has physical volume controls on the side (not on Kindle) and built-in microphone (not on Kindle) for Skype. Nook Tablet has to offer the same things that Kindle has and more - It's got Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, Angry Brids, etc., the best battery life, the best screen, double the RAM and space for apps/photoes/movies. Amazon Prime is worthless - 13,000 movies and 10,000 books are included while Netflix has millions of movies and B&N ebook store has more content than Amazon's with 2.5 million paid books and 2 million real public domain ones. Also it's worth mentioning that if you walk in with any Nook to Barnes & Noble store, you'll get tech support and you’re allowed to read ANY available eBook for real while in the store via real provided in the store Wi-Fi.
aviur93

<

Postby abramo18 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:56 am

how is reading books bad? don't buy them the Ipad, buy them the kindle fire only
abramo18

Return to iPad