<

How do I add birthdays to iPad calendar?

Postby farry8 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:04 am

I would like to know if it is possible to add birthdays to the iPad calendar WITHOUT going through contacts. I would like to add birthdays of people whom I do not have in my contacts ( nieces and nephews). It's rather annoying to have to put my 6 year old niece in contacts just to have her birthday on my calendar.
Also, is there a way to turn off the "sent from my iPad" that automatically shows up at the end of every email?
Thanks!
farry8

Postby edrick » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:05 am

calendar is a don't know
with the signature thing go to settings>mail, contacts, calendar and scroll down to where it says "signature" then remove it or change it to what u want by backspacing to fix it
edrick

<

Postby minninnewah » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:08 am

Yes, you can. If you have the newest iPad update, you can do it manually by tapping twice on the date you want and typing in the birthday information. However, you will not have the pretty birthday icon next to the birthday as you would if it were inserted through your contacts.

Go to Calendar, then go to the month, then double tap the day, tap on the plus sign at the bottom right corner, and fill out the information. When you are filling out the information, you may also tap "repeat" and select "Every year", so that it will automatically have the birthdays listed every year without you having to do it manually every time.

You can turn off the "Sent from my iPad" feature by tapping on "Settings", then "Mail, contacts, Calendars", go to "Signature" and erase the 'Sent from my iPad" text.

And that is it.
minninnewah

Return to iPad