<

How to get scroll arrows back on a Mac?

Postby seme57 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:05 am

Ever since upgrading to the new Lion software, scrolling on websites using Safari is VERY annoying. There are now arrows to click to scroll and the directions are switched (ex. if I scroll down I have to move my finger up on the mouse, almost like on an iPad or iPhone.) My whole family finds this very annoying and would like to change to a more traditional scrolling system. Help?
seme57

Postby valdemar » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:06 am

Ever since upgrading to the new Lion software, scrolling on websites using Safari is VERY annoying. There are now arrows to click to scroll and the directions are switched (ex. if I scroll down I have to move my finger up on the mouse, almost like on an iPad or iPhone.) My whole family finds this very annoying and would like to change to a more traditional scrolling system. Help?
All you have to do is go into system preferences, if you are using the built in trackpad click the pane that says "trackpad", if you are using a magic mouse click the Pane that says "mouse." in the trackpad preference pane, click the "scroll and zoom" menu, and then uncheck "scroll direction: natural" and try it out in safari. it should change the scrolling behaviour. to do it with a magic mouse, go to "point and click" and uncheck "scroll direction: natural" and test it out. if you want the scroll bars to always show, go to system preferences, and click the pane that says "General" and you'll see a section that says "show scroll bars:" and click the option that says "always" and test it out in safari.

happy browsing!
valdemar

Return to iPad