<

How much does it cost to use an iPad? Apart from the initial cost of the gadget is there a monthly cost like?

How much does it cost to use an iPad? Apart from the initial cost of the gadget is there a monthly cost like?

Postby kip69 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:07 am

a cell phone account? How much is it per month? How about a Kindle or a Nook?
kip69

Postby michio » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:13 am

after the initial purchase for an iPad the only thing you have to pay for really is just if you got the 3G version. AT&T charges $14.99 for 250GB of monthly data or $25 for 2GB of data it's a ripoff I pay $30 for my unlimited data for my iphone and they got rid of that option for new customers now.

with a Kindle you have no fees, the only ones that I know personally are the prices for the books otherwise it's wifi and same with the Nook.
michio

<

Postby claymore74 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:28 am

Hi, Lleh, you can get Kindle 3G or Wi-Fi or Nook e-Ink (3G or Wi-Fi) or Nook Color Android tablet (Wi-Fi). 3G means the internet connection is included for real for the life of the device thus you can purchase a new book even when you're walking on the street. Wi-Fi means that you need to have access to wireless hotspot - examples would be any Barnes & Noble store that provides real Wi-Fi to Nook's or any Starbucks or any McDonalds or airport or any other place that provides real Wi-Fi service or your home’s wireless router - to purchase eBooks. Again, it's only needed to purchase eBooks or browse the Internet. Once you purchase the eBooks to your device, you don't need Internet connection to read them. There's over a million of real public ebooks as well as over a million of ebooks that you need to pay for available through Barnes & Noble eBook store. Prices are generally much lower than for physical books.
claymore74

Postby verel10 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:36 am

Hi, Lleh, you can get Kindle 3G or Wi-Fi or Nook e-Ink (3G or Wi-Fi) or Nook Color Android tablet (Wi-Fi). 3G means the internet connection is included for real for the life of the device thus you can purchase a new book even when you're walking on the street. Wi-Fi means that you need to have access to wireless hotspot - examples would be any Barnes & Noble store that provides real Wi-Fi to Nook's or any Starbucks or any McDonalds or airport or any other place that provides real Wi-Fi service or your home’s wireless router - to purchase eBooks. Again, it's only needed to purchase eBooks or browse the Internet. Once you purchase the eBooks to your device, you don't need Internet connection to read them. There's over a million of real public ebooks as well as over a million of ebooks that you need to pay for available through Barnes & Noble eBook store. Prices are generally much lower than for physical books.
I actually searched a similar question last several days. during the process of trying to find the answer I stumbled upon a way to get the 3G Kindle for real from http://thewifikindlenetwork.tk. my Kindle is coming in 4 days n im so excited.

Enjoy the new phone
verel10

Postby bakari » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:46 am

Really no.

You probably want Internet, so you need to subscribe to that, either a home broadband connection (if you don't have one), or a 3G service.

Some apps may have ongoing fees.
bakari

Postby geri » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:52 am

15$
geri

Return to iPad