<

New ipad, wont connect to internet, know im using the correct password... help!?

New ipad, wont connect to internet, know im using the correct password... help!?

Postby mikio » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:03 am

I have tired both through settings and internet to get my ipad working with my wifi, I know i'm using the right password, and keep getting incorrect password and/or unable to connect messages? I don't know what to do. how do i fix this, is something wrong with my ipad or my wifi? internet works fine on my itouch.
mikio

Postby angvariationutoke » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:07 am

hi,
there are some information hope can help you.

--------------------------------------…

I. The first step is to make sure that the wireless connection does not require a password. You can determine this by seeing if there is a lock symbol next to the wireless network name. If there is, then make sure you know the correct password to the network before attempting to join it. If that still does not resolve your issue, try moving closer to the wireless router and seeing if you are able to connect then.

II. If it shows that you are connected to a network, but you still cannot access the network, you should first make sure that your Internet connection is actually working. Test the connection from another computer and device to confirm that it is working. If it is working, go into the Wi-Fi settings for this particular connection on the iPad and under the DHCP settings, make sure that you have an assigned IP Address, Subnet Mask, Router, and DNS. If you do not have these fields populated, then tap on the Renew Lease button, and then tap on the Renew button when it asks if you with to continue. This will make the iPad request new connection settings. Once that is done, if you now have settings in the DHCP fields, try connecting to the Internet again.

If this still does not work, then you may want to confirm that you do not need to enter a static networking configuration into the iPad. To determine this, you should ask the owner or administrator of the wireless router.

Last, but not least, if the iPad shows its connected, but cannot access the internet, it could be because you entered the wrong wireless encryption password or it was changed after you initially created the Wi-Fi profile. To test this, simply Forget the network profile and try recreating it and entering the password again.

Source: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial163.html

For additional reading, try this helpful article: http://www.rickysays.com/ipad-wifi-network-problems

Hope this helps.
angvariationutoke

Return to iPad