<

Should I get an iPad for college?

Postby halliwell » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:40 am

Will I still be able to use word document and type papers on it? Does it use a flashdrive? Can I plug it into the computer using a USB cord?
halliwell

Postby calfhierde91 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:44 am

i own an ipad, so i would say for your uses no. that's not to say i hate the ipad, its great for doing online Research / checking email / and general web surfing. but i really don't like to use it for word documents its possible tho, also there's no flash drive on the ipad. i would just get a netbook if i were you if u need to use for school
calfhierde91

<

Postby sammy35 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:49 am

To be perfectly honest, no. A lap top will be more useful to you in college because it does everything the iPad will do, and more. Personally, I got to college and see people with the iPad, but nobody ever uses it for classroom things, they just play games on it as they cannot connect to the wifi because of a huge java issue.
sammy35

Postby tabbart85 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:53 am

I dont believe an iPad would be good for college or even typing papers on it (even though you can) i know a ipad is relatively cheaper then a laptop but. For college use definitely a laptop or even heck a netbook.

You can probably plug it into a computer, but i dont think it would do anything other then charge. Can you imagine typing long essays on a small non regular size touch screen keyboard? yeah doesnt seem fun at all. Yes you can buy a keyboard for the ipad but still.

My brother and father both have an ipad and its a great device. but i dont think it should replace a laptop for college work. Yes it can replace a laptop in other ways and in other situations but not for college.

BTW also check out www.evernote.com for when your in college :D
tabbart85

Postby alwynn » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:55 am

I believe you should get an iPad. I'm ON MINE RIGHT NOW!! I have never had any problems with it, and it is just overall amazing. If your getting another laptop for christmas, I definatley recommend an iPad. You will love the interface, and an update is coming out for that will be HUGE. (multitasking, game center, ect...). An iPad functions as a laptop anyways. So in the end, you should definatley get an iPad and I
alwynn

Postby danso » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:05 am

not for college. buy the new apple air macbooks if you want a small laptop. they are slim and light and have all the things you want to put in it that a laptop can have. Also Apples are impossible to get viruses.
danso

Postby jancsi74 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:15 am

No Get a full sized computer for College.

You will need it. There will be programs you need that will not be available for the iPad.
jancsi74

Postby kerbasi10 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:20 am

I wouldn't see the use of an iPad if you have a laptop already, it's just basically a small laptop that's missing some things.
kerbasi10

Postby gottfried » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:27 am

No, its just a big ipod.. PLEASE answer mine
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AplfwdI_quMNJjG_QyX1rm7ty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20110126100052AAzKwmw

Really easy 10 points. ~ Thanks
gottfried

Postby eadwyn » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:43 am

NO!
eadwyn

Return to iPad