<

To use my ipad everywhere do i need to pay for some kind of wifi service?

Postby baldrik69 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:49 pm

if so.. which one do you recommend? thanks! i live in the westcoast
baldrik69

Postby atagulkalu » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:53 pm

3G is not wifi it's a cellular chip built in to the IPAD when you got it. Costs an extra $130. The old ones worked on AT&T the new ones, according to today's announcement will work AT&T and Verizon.
Costs 25 bucks a month plus tax for 2 gig of data, wich you probably won't run out on unless you sit all day watching videos.

"Everywhere" only applies to where the phone company covers. They are big, but they are not perfectly everywhere.

WiFi is on all the Ipads and does not cost anything for the device to use. Lots of places like coffee shops and libraries have real wifi hotsopts to connect to, while you are nearby. Some places want to charge money for their wifi, you will get a sign in page asking for your information. Just don't give it to them if you don't want to buy it. it just won't work there then. But that's not Ipad's fault, it is the cost of the establisment.
atagulkalu

<

Postby eberhard31 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:10 am

If you have ipad 3G and signed for the contract then they will give you real wifi access like shopping mall, libraries, cafe and so on.But if you just stick only pay as you services then you just using your service providers and if you use extensively you gonna pay a lot. But depend on where you live US and EU is different. Good luck
eberhard31

Postby kingswell » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:12 am

u need 3g service its 1.5mbz internet for mobile devices any cell phone company has
kingswell

Return to iPad