<

What's so great about tablets?

Postby corbet » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:22 am

First apple comes out with the iPad. Then all these other companies start coming out with their own tablets. Like Samsung, Sony, BlackBerry, ect. Now there's the iPad 2. What's so great about tablets?

Not trying to bash on them. I just seriously don't get what's the big deal about them. What are they for? Why are they worth the money? What do they do for your life?
corbet

Postby anghus » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:27 am

Really nothing, it is just Apple has successfuly made a tablet paradigm which more or less works.

Apple's, at least, is being presented as a consumer based interactive media consumption platform.What makes the iPad appealing, compared to previous tablet offerings, is touch, and curated application stores, with tablet specific applications, many of them games, content sources, or extensions (even control), of other media systems.

Before the Ipad (iPhone really), any tablet was basically a Windows, Windows CE, or Palm device, which were largely geared towards the enterprise market (AKA business and industry).
anghus

<

Postby thurleah » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:32 am

I don't know why they've increasingly become so popular. Nobody cared about the ipad when it first came out it was basically just a giant ipod touch. I hate them though my cousins all have a different one and they're just so akward to hold to do anything! they get easily damaged because thier screen is so poorly protected for a portable device! Sure they're flashy with thier HD screens and them being so new but they all barely have the same functionalities of a real personal laptop or desktop. In my opinoin if you want a personal computer go for a laptop! Or a desktop whatever you prefer but tablets? yuck!
thurleah

Return to iPad