<

When to replace the protective screen on my iPad?

Postby paton33 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:10 am

I just put one of those clear film things on my iPad. I was wondering when is the appropriate time to change out the screen for a new one. There were two screens in the box so I was just wondering how often they should be changed.
paton33

Postby corwan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:17 am

I just put one of those clear film things on my iPad. I was wondering when is the appropriate time to change out the screen for a new one. There were two screens in the box so I was just wondering how often they should be changed.
As often as you want, I like to keep them on until i get a bad enough scratch in the plastic that it messes with the function of the touch pad, or until i get annoyed by the little scratches. In short there is no answer that is 100% correct. Apple would say as often as possible. My wallet at least says as far between as possible, since those little covers are around 5-10 bucks for a 2 pack. You may be able to get them cheaper online tho.
corwan

<

Postby rosselyn51 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:24 am

Replace it when the scratches obscure your view of the display, or when the edges start to lose their adherence to the glass. You can replace it whenever you want to, there's not like a certain time limit that voids the warranty if not followed.
rosselyn51

Return to iPad