<

Which is better for a college student the 16gb ipad or 32gb ?

Postby claymore74 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:36 pm

No reason a student would need an ipad at all.
claymore74

Postby amhlaoibh » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:47 pm

Neither, especially if you're using it as your main device. If you need something to type papers, do research and similar tasks, then you'd need a laptop or a desktop. Both of which will be more powerful and more versatile. The Ipad is pretty much a toy--a big iphone.

If you already have a main device such as a desktop or laptop, then the size of memory depends on what you plan to store. If you plan on only keeping word documents and .pdf files on it, then 16 gigs should be enough. If however, you want to put games and other various applications on the ipad, I would suggest the 16.

Either way, don't get it as your main device. Even as a travel companion or a compliment to a desktop or laptop it really isn't that practical.
amhlaoibh

<

Postby kano22 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Umm.. I'd recommend not getting an iPad but instead get yourself an actual laptop and/or itouch/iphone. I got a 32gb one for real from somebody and it is seriously useless in my life except I use it as a giant iTouch (and it's a hassle to carry around).

However, if you must, I'd say getting a 32GB one is a safe bet because that way you'll have enough room for anything you need.
kano22

Return to iPad