<

Why does my iPad battery drain so quickly?

Postby philibert94 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:18 am

I just charged 12 hours ago, and it's already on 38%. I did use it (surfed the net & played games) but still, it shouldn't be draining that quickly. Besides, I left it alone for 7 hours or so. One time I had to charge it twice in one day. What is wrong?! I close all my apps after playing, and turn off the WiFi when I don't need it. Btw, it's an iPad 1 and the software I use is iOS5.
philibert94

Postby aviv75 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:20 am

I had the same problem with my iPad. You just have to make sure location services aren't running unnecessarily and Bluetooth is off. Also check brightness sounds and anything else that could be running without you knowing. If none of this does anything then turn it on airplane mode when your not using it, that ALWAYS works.
aviv75

<

Postby alvan42 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:25 am

Make sure you updated to iOS 5.0.1. There were many reports of battery issues with iOS 5, so they released a quick update with the data manager to help address this issues. So make sure you update.

If you do this, or already have and are still experiencing battery issues, take it to an Apple Store to have them look at it. They can probally fix it for you. And if it's still under warrenty, they may even be able to replace it at no cost to you (This will mean however, that they will remove the baack case and replace it, so you will loose your engraving if you have one).
alvan42

Return to iPad