<

Why does my mom's iPad say "No sim card installed" everytime she turns it on?

Postby chaturbhuj » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:07 pm

There are 2 models of iPad at the moment - one which can use 3G and wifi and one which has only wifi. To use the internet while you're wandering around not connected to a wifi network, you need a sim card. 3G is a mobile network and you need a sim card and a data plan to access the internet aspect of it. Although you cannot make calls from your iPad, you will need a sim card to access the 3G network and use the internet when a wifi network is not available.

If you're interested, call or visit a store of whatever company does your cell phone networks over there (I'm not from the US) and ask them about data plans for iPads. :)
chaturbhuj

Postby herbert39 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:18 pm

There are 2 models of iPad at the moment - one which can use 3G and wifi and one which has only wifi. To use the internet while you're wandering around not connected to a wifi network, you need a sim card. 3G is a mobile network and you need a sim card and a data plan to access the internet aspect of it. Although you cannot make calls from your iPad, you will need a sim card to access the 3G network and use the internet when a wifi network is not available.

If you're interested, call or visit a store of whatever company does your cell phone networks over there (I'm not from the US) and ask them about data plans for iPads. :)
you need a sim card
herbert39

Return to iPad