<

Yahoo email disappearing from folders?

Postby fiorello52 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm using the Mail icon on my iPad, which is set up to be my yahoo email account. I've noticed just lately that emails that I move into FOLDERS sit in the folder for a while, then disappear. I can, for example, pull up the folder 'Read Later' and see ten items, then the iPad does a "checking for mail" and two of them will disappear from the list right before my eyes. It's almost like the folder has some rule to delete items after a certain time period has passed, which I don't think is true for the iPad or for native yahoo mail. Really old items that I have in folders are there, they don't seem to disappear. It's just newer stuff put into folders which disappears.

Hope this makes sense. Any advice why this is happening and how to stop it appreciated.
fiorello52

Postby ruhdugeard » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:09 pm

All I can say is that I am having the same issue, and it was only after I upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo mail. Any emails that were transferred into folders after that date are subject to being deleted after 7 days. I thought I was losing my mind, but it looks like it is happening to everyone else as well. I read in some other posts that you revert back to Yahoo Classic by doing the below:
#1) Click this link to take you to the New Yahoo! Help pages: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/ym…
When there, Click the BLUE link, half way down the page under this heading:
What if I don’t want to upgrade to the newest version of Yahoo! Mail?

I just went back to Classic, so I am going to see if my emails stop disappearing.
ruhdugeard

Return to iPad