<

Can i activate an unlocked iphone 4 with tmobile even if it has bad esn?

Postby oliverios47 » Sun May 20, 2012 3:30 am

i was wondering if i can activate an unlock iphone 4 with tmobile even though it has bad esn? I need someone that actually knows about this
Thanks i would really appreciate it (:
oliverios47

Postby gaven » Sun May 20, 2012 3:35 am

Reliable and professional China wholesale accessories,Wholesale ipad accessories,ipod accessories,iphone accessories and the new ipad accessories
gaven

<

Postby calbert » Sun May 20, 2012 3:37 am

You can't activate the iPhone 4 with bad ESN on T-Mobile. It's not about the ESN, it's about being CDMA and T-Mobile being GSM, are not compatible. But if the phone supports GSM too, then you can get it unlocked and use on T-Mobile. Check for iPhone unlocks.
calbert

Postby clovis » Sun May 20, 2012 3:40 am

No. ESNs are used with CDMA carriers and will not work on a GSM carrier like T-Mobile. CDMA phones aren't locked, that only applies to GSM phones
clovis

Postby aylward » Sun May 20, 2012 3:41 am

No. ESNs are used with CDMA carriers and will not work on a GSM carrier like T-Mobile. CDMA phones aren't locked, that only applies to GSM phones
Att phones dont have esn...unlock it and use it on tmobile..3g wont work it will use edge.
aylward

Postby cydorn50 » Sun May 20, 2012 3:45 am

Att phones dont have esn...unlock it and use it on tmobile..3g wont work it will use edge.
If the iPhone is from At&t it is GSM and only needs to be unlocked (Subsidy unlocked to work on another compatible GSM network).

Sprint and Verizon are CDMA cell phone carriers and when their phones have been reported lost/stolen or the owner skips out on their bill, the ESN will be marked bad (not able to be activated), so that ONLY the original owner can correct this by paying the past due bill or correcting the lost/stolen status.

So as the other poster stated, you phone with the bad ESN, is not compatible with t-mobile (unless you are misunderstanding terms used about what is wrong/bad, on the phone.
cydorn50

Return to iPhone