<

Can a stolen Iphone be tracked if connected with WiFi?

Postby xun81 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:22 pm

I lost my Iphone 3Gs recently. I was wondering if it can be tracked when connect with WiFi. It's already blocked by network provider and reported stolen too.
xun81

Postby gilpin » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:30 pm

I lost my Iphone 3Gs recently. I was wondering if it can be tracked when connect with WiFi. It's already blocked by network provider and reported stolen too.
No, it can't.
gilpin

<

Postby baudier » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:36 pm

If you have a service called "MobileMe" it is possible to use the "Find My iPhone" feature as long as the phone is online. Of course, MobileMe is a subscribed service, so you would know if it was installed on your phone. In either case, that would be the only way to do it. If you contact Apple Technical Support they will tell you to take the serial number or the IMEI number to your local police department so they can make a record of it. Technical support and your carrier will not be able to track your phone.
baudier

Postby pitney5 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:39 pm

Not possible but I know there is this app that can locate lost phones......ooohhhh but u have to intall it. Nevermind. Good luck finding your lost phone
pitney5

Postby ordmund » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:51 pm

Not possible but I know there is this app that can locate lost phones......ooohhhh but u have to intall it. Nevermind. Good luck finding your lost phone
It probably could but your phone company isn't going to make that much hassle about a stolen phone
ordmund

Postby hsmilton » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:57 pm

It probably could but your phone company isn't going to make that much hassle about a stolen phone
They have a tracking device in them.
hsmilton

Postby torn36 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:59 pm

yes
torn36

Return to iPhone