<

Can I track my phone if it's already lost and dead?

Postby zachaios98 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:22 am

So last night I went out with my friends and a little while after I got home, I couldn't find my phone!!! I have the Kin Twom and it's brand new, only 2 weeks old! The weird thing is, I had it when I got home, but like 5 minutes later I went to the bathroom and took off my class ring so I wouldn't get it wet from washing my hands, and I put my ring in my sweatshirt pocket with my phone (it was there) and a while later neither were in my pocket. I didn't take them out, because I would have put them both together on my kitchen counter or table. So I want to know, is there something that Microsoft offers online or something that can track my phone? Or would I have to go to the Verizon store and they could do something? I tried calling it, but the sad thing is, it died! So I really hope that wouldn't affect anything. Also, I know the iPhone has tracking things, but you have to install them before your phone is lost, so is there anything for the Kin that is like that but I don't have it installed or registered already? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me!!!!
zachaios98

Postby gayner38 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:28 am

So last night I went out with my friends and a little while after I got home, I couldn't find my phone!!! I have the Kin Twom and it's brand new, only 2 weeks old! The weird thing is, I had it when I got home, but like 5 minutes later I went to the bathroom and took off my class ring so I wouldn't get it wet from washing my hands, and I put my ring in my sweatshirt pocket with my phone (it was there) and a while later neither were in my pocket. I didn't take them out, because I would have put them both together on my kitchen counter or table. So I want to know, is there something that Microsoft offers online or something that can track my phone? Or would I have to go to the Verizon store and they could do something? I tried calling it, but the sad thing is, it died! So I really hope that wouldn't affect anything. Also, I know the iPhone has tracking things, but you have to install them before your phone is lost, so is there anything for the Kin that is like that but I don't have it installed or registered already? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me!!!!
Even if you could track it, if you already know it's somewhere inside your house, tracking wouldn't help - because tracking (whether it's based on GPS or cell towers or wifi networks) does not have pinpoint accuracy. The best it could tell you is that it's somewhere in the vicinity of your house, which you already know.
gayner38

<

Postby eachthighearn91 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:31 am

There is no way to track a dead phone. Moreover, Pearls is correct. A tracking app only gives you the general vicinity of the phone on a map. It can't tell you the phone is at a certain address under the left sofa cushion in the den.
eachthighearn91

Return to iPhone