<

Can you hook up an AT&T iphone to Verizon Wireless?

Postby dalphon » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:18 am

My friend has an iphone 4 he would like to sell me. Now that Verizon has the iPhone 4. I was just wondering if I could buy his and hook it up to my servive. Please answer.
dalphon

Postby sage40 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:38 am

My friend has an iphone 4 he would like to sell me. Now that Verizon has the iPhone 4. I was just wondering if I could buy his and hook it up to my servive. Please answer.
Sadly no. AT&T and Verizon use two different, incompatible cellular network hardware types. AT&T uses GSM while Verizon uses CDMA. That the iPhone finally came to Verizon was such big news in major part because it was the first time Apple created an iPhone for a CDMA network. It is also, consequentially, the first time that an iPhone is available on Verizon. It was technically impossible to have the iPhone on Verizon when only the GSM iPhone was around.
sage40

<

Postby jopie55 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:52 am

Dude, the iPhone just came out for Verizon. Funny thing though is that I was waiting for that day to happen, but got tired of waiting and decided to get a Moto Droid X, and now I have no desire to get an iPhone. Just throwin that out there. I've found that Android > Apple iOS, but I mean the choice is yours.
jopie55

Postby claud » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:57 am

Dude, the iPhone just came out for Verizon. Funny thing though is that I was waiting for that day to happen, but got tired of waiting and decided to get a Moto Droid X, and now I have no desire to get an iPhone. Just throwin that out there. I've found that Android > Apple iOS, but I mean the choice is yours.
Nope, although both carries have the iphone now they still use different technology for their phones, at&t uses GSM & verizon uses cdma.
claud

Postby glenn » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:04 am

Nope, although both carries have the iphone now they still use different technology for their phones, at&t uses GSM & verizon uses cdma.
I had a similar question this week. while attempting to look the solution I found a way to obtain a real iOS4 from iphoneportal.tk!! the iphone arrived any days now n im so excited!!

Good luck to ya
glenn

Return to iPhone