<

Can you sell an iPhone 4 whilst its still on contract?

Postby delevan7 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:48 pm

i have an iphone 4 that i want to sell forward because i dont want the contract nomore, need a blackberry and they said they couldnt terminate it at the orange shop
so could i be able to sell just the phone with no sim card or sell the whole contract it self?
delevan7

Postby barrick51 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:01 pm

i have an iphone 4 that i want to sell forward because i dont want the contract nomore, need a blackberry and they said they couldnt terminate it at the orange shop
so could i be able to sell just the phone with no sim card or sell the whole contract it self?
The SIM belongs to your network provider, the phone belongs to you as you are paying for it every month as part of your monthly bill.

You can sell the phone but you MUST continue to pay the contract until you have completed it's minimum term.
barrick51

<

Postby phineas6379 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:03 pm

You don't say how long you have to run on the iPhone contract. However, yes you can take the SIM card out and sell the phone - see http://www.flogmyphone.co.uk for a comparison of companies wanting to buy your iPhone.

You can then get a Blackberry (off contract/PAYG) and put your contract SIM into it. This will allow you to get the benefit of the contract minutes/texts/internet data you are paying Orange for. Note that the Blackberry you buy will need to be either unlocked, or locked to Orange.

If you ring Orange once your SIM is in your new Blackberry, they will be able to add Blackberry Messaging to your existing plan.
phineas6379

Postby timo24 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:05 pm

You can sell the phone and you are legally obliged to maintain the contract for the minimum term as already stated.
I think you should be able to cancel any insurance you are paying for the Iphone as that cannot be transferred to the new owner

Also the simcard for the Iphone is a micro sim, you will need to go to Orange for them to provide you with a new sim card as the micro simcard will NOT fit into a Blackberry or any other phone, without an adapter ( which some say are patchy, but why buy an adapter when the sim card is real)

"or sell the whole contract it self?" Big no no sorry Big NO NO! (no 'increase font size' settings)
Best to keep the contract and use the blackberry on it as cancelling a contract with say 6 month remaining @ £30.00 means you pay the £180.00 now to get ZERO minutes/ text / WWW
timo24

Postby delbert69 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Never sell a phone with a contract sim. Sell the phone but keep the sim card. You will still legally be obliged to fulfill the remainder of the contract. The people you sell it to could run up huge roaming charges or call charges and you would be liable. Sell the phone and pay off the contract if you can, as someone said
delbert69

Postby altmann90 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:21 pm

you could remove the sim car then sell the iPhone and use the money raised to pay off your contract there s no issue wit selling the phone as it belongs to you, the contract however you will not be able to sell, just se the moeny to pay it off :)

hope that helps
altmann90

Postby killian » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:31 pm

As you signed the contract it is you they will come to for the money if the person you sell it to doesnt pay.
killian

Postby arron11 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:33 pm

Just take out the sim and you can sell it .
arron11

Return to iPhone