<

Can you unlock a "lost or stolen" iphone? I got tricked!?

Postby achida » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:45 am

Here is the deal... A lady who used to frequent the business i work at, always told me she sold phones... So after establishing an acquaintanceship with her, I asked her if she could get an iPhone4 for at&t for me, because i had the 3gS and wanted to upgrade. So i bought this phone- for 400 dollars mind you-... and it turned out to be a VERIZON phone! not even at&t! So, i then sold it for 350 to my friend and he tried to activate it..but it had been marked lost or stolen... so i bought it back from him.. Long story short- the lady was buying phones and making fraudulant claims to the insurance company. Naturally, her phone number and address she provided me with were false, and I am stuck with a phone i cant use!! can i unlock it somehow so at least my friend can use it?
achida

Postby shaan68 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:47 am

I dont think u can use it for calls anymore.
Once your phone is banned, it is ur phone provider that is blocking u from making connection, not ur phone. So it might have hardware number that they have that is blocked.

Anyway u can use it as an itouch. Or maybe cydia has a solution who knows
shaan68

<

Postby ewan28 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:57 am

i think if you connect the phone to itunes on your pc, you can do a restore or reset and it won't be locked anymore. you might want to go to appleinsider.com, they have great forums there and the people are really smart about these types of questions.
ewan28

Postby corrin61 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:10 am

No. Basically you have a glorified ipod now. Anytime you call and say your phone is lost or stolen, they put a permanent block on the phone. I would be careful with people like this one. When I worked in retail I had a guy that told me he worked for Best Buy, and had all of these laptops that he needed to sell for a discount . Needless to say I stayed away from that. Did you know that you could also get in trouble for receiving stolen property? Get rid of it.
corrin61

Postby adney » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:13 am

You know the iPhone 4 sells for $147.00 new right?
adney

Postby dohate44 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:18 am

You know the iPhone 4 sells for $147.00 new right?
I have a att iphone 4 im only using as ipod for my son,if you wanna trade,email me we can work it out
dohate44

Re: Can you unlock a "lost or stolen" iphone? I got tricked!

Postby Dracocuevas » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:15 pm

Only if the phone use a sim card yes you can!! I have an At&t iphone 4 and when i conect it i get my account temporaly close until i change my phone. What i do was i factory unlock my iphone and change to another companny (solavei) and it work. I have been like 6 moths using mi iphone with no problem. Ps sorry for my bad english jejje!!
Dracocuevas

Return to iPhone