<

Can you use a verizon iphone that has been marked lost/stolen at at&t?

Postby aethelbert » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:43 pm

I found an iphone in the middle of the street a couple weeks ago. It was raining and the phone was dead. I had every intention of returning it, so I took it upon myself to go and buy a charger for it. I got it dried out and charged then checked any msgs......Instead of thanking anyone that may have found it, I found only threats to the person who stole it. They said that if it wasn't returned by a certain time it would be marked stolen!! At this point it was too late and to be honest I just wanted to say "Screw You" and so much for trying to be nice!! I guess my point is I decided to keep it thinking at this point their insurance probably replaced it already.....it's a Verizon phone, but I use At&t, can I still use it even if it's a differnt carrier and has been marked stolen??
aethelbert

Postby aldis » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:57 pm

I found an iphone in the middle of the street a couple weeks ago. It was raining and the phone was dead. I had every intention of returning it, so I took it upon myself to go and buy a charger for it. I got it dried out and charged then checked any msgs......Instead of thanking anyone that may have found it, I found only threats to the person who stole it. They said that if it wasn't returned by a certain time it would be marked stolen!! At this point it was too late and to be honest I just wanted to say "Screw You" and so much for trying to be nice!! I guess my point is I decided to keep it thinking at this point their insurance probably replaced it already.....it's a Verizon phone, but I use At&t, can I still use it even if it's a differnt carrier and has been marked stolen??
I doubt it AT&T and Verizon use different technology in their phones, AT&T uses sim cards, so I don't think it would work.
aldis

Return to iPhone