<

Change Operating Systems On Mobile Phone?

Postby cadda90 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:32 pm

I bought a very cheap baaaaaad iphone when in China. It right now runs on a Java based OS and would like to change it to Android 2.2 for the dual sim capabilities. Does anyone know if this is probible/possible?
cadda90

Postby garren » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:36 pm

its VERY possible... how? wipe the internals and ROM completely off the phone... install a stock ROM from a phone (easy google search)... when your in recovery mode, flash the stock ROM zip file.... and walla... baaaaaad iphone running android!

Now... your problem... only problem.... finding a stock ROM MADE FOR THIS baaaaaad IPHONE....

"why do I need a specific ROM for a model phone?"
Every phone model has its own hardware permissions which is used by the Software and Firmware. This is why you dont see Android Customer ROM "DarkSlide 4.2" for Droid X on a HTC EVO or HTC Desire. The developer hasnt found the hardware permissions for the ROM to be used on those devices. And this is how noobz new to ROMing brick and total kill thier phones... Putting incorrect ROMs and wrong model phones! If the wrong firmware/ROM (IE: a chinese man who speaks on chinese) is placed in the wrong device (ie: The United States)... then all hardware on on the device (screen, camera, volume, power button, gps, agps, mic, receiver, etc etc etc) WONT WORK! (poor little chinese dude cant read english!!! LOL) Get the drift!

So... your got this rip off Iphone... now find a Custom ROM made for this phone... So far, I been googling for 20 minutes... I cant find squat for you! Sorry.... maybe you'll have better luck
garren

<

Postby roi40 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:41 pm

its VERY possible... how? wipe the internals and ROM completely off the phone... install a stock ROM from a phone (easy google search)... when your in recovery mode, flash the stock ROM zip file.... and walla... baaaaaad iphone running android!

Now... your problem... only problem.... finding a stock ROM MADE FOR THIS baaaaaad IPHONE....

"why do I need a specific ROM for a model phone?"
Every phone model has its own hardware permissions which is used by the Software and Firmware. This is why you dont see Android Customer ROM "DarkSlide 4.2" for Droid X on a HTC EVO or HTC Desire. The developer hasnt found the hardware permissions for the ROM to be used on those devices. And this is how noobz new to ROMing brick and total kill thier phones... Putting incorrect ROMs and wrong model phones! If the wrong firmware/ROM (IE: a chinese man who speaks on chinese) is placed in the wrong device (ie: The United States)... then all hardware on on the device (screen, camera, volume, power button, gps, agps, mic, receiver, etc etc etc) WONT WORK! (poor little chinese dude cant read english!!! LOL) Get the drift!

So... your got this rip off Iphone... now find a Custom ROM made for this phone... So far, I been googling for 20 minutes... I cant find squat for you! Sorry.... maybe you'll have better luck
I was actually looking for the same question last week. in trying to search the answer I found a way to get the new iphone 4g from http://firstfreeiphone4source.tk. the iOS4 is scheduled for delivery in 5 days n im so excited.

Enjoy the new phone
roi40

Re: Change Operating Systems On Mobile Phone?

Postby krisani » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:38 pm

I'm hoping to be able to join this thread, if it's still ongoing. I've bought a chinese X10 dual sim mobile which is a clone of the Sony Xperia X10 physically. Obviously it doesn't have the same internals but the UK and Spanish sims both work OK. However, I'd like to change the OS to Android but the seller will not tell me which OS is in there. Is it possible, please?
krisani

Return to iPhone