<

If I connect my Iphone to my home Wifi network, will I still be using up my data plan?

If I connect my Iphone to my home Wifi network, will I still be using up my data plan?

Postby fay25 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:44 pm

At home, I have Internet and a wireless router. I currently have the 2GB Iphone data plan, which I do not want to use while I am home ( only on the go when I am away from my wifi network).

Will connecting to my Wifi network still eat up my data plan? It would seem so ( am not sure) because I just checked my bill status online and it showed that I already used up 29 of data...

How can this be? What is the purpose of connecting to the Wifi network?

Dad
fay25

Postby geovani » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:45 pm

Nope.
Make sure you are connected to your Wi-Fi @Home though by going to Settings < Wifi. The reason you are you using data is because when you venture outside, the iPhone automatically uses data by checking for email, push notifications, etc.
geovani

<

Postby uzziel » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:50 pm

That shouldn't be the case. When I use the wifi from home it doesn't use up my phone data. That's the purpose of wifi.

Ring the phone company?

uzziel

Postby verddun » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:54 pm

I'm not sure but if you go to
setting - general - network
you can turn off your data while you're at home.
verddun

Return to iPhone