<

No "Delivered" or "Not Delivered" message in iMessage?

Postby shadd24 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:26 am

I sent an iMessage to someone who has an iPhone. Yesterday I got the little "Delivered" message under them, but today when I sent one I got no "Delivered" message, but it didn't say that it wasn't delivered either. Does this mean that they have their phone off? That's what I'm assuming, I'm guessing that when they turn it on, I'll see the delivered message under it. What do y'all think?
shadd24

Postby dino » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:27 am

I sent an iMessage to someone who has an iPhone. Yesterday I got the little "Delivered" message under them, but today when I sent one I got no "Delivered" message, but it didn't say that it wasn't delivered either. Does this mean that they have their phone off? That's what I'm assuming, I'm guessing that when they turn it on, I'll see the delivered message under it. What do y'all think?
Same thing happened to me. My wife sent me a message while my phone was off, and she got no indication of what happened to the message (Delivered or Not Delivered). She even has the option to "send as text" turned on if the iMessage delivery fails.

I later turned my phone on, but never got the messages, and it's been about a week. I don't think they're coming. I have just started to assume that if it doesn't explicitly say it was Delivered, it wasn't. The "send as text if iMessage fails" doesn't seem to work very well/often.
dino

Return to iPhone