<

I dropped my iPhone and now it will show the Apple logo, but won't turn back on. Can I fix it?

I dropped my iPhone and now it will show the Apple logo, but won't turn back on. Can I fix it?

Postby frang » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:37 am

I dropped my pone from about three feet onto cement today. I tend to drop my phone a lot, I'm a total clod. So now whenever I hit the sleep button or the sleep and home button combined, it will show the Apple logo like it's turning on for about 10-15 seconds, then turn black again. My phone is pretty beat up and has been dropped a lot, but I always keep a case on it in case I drop it. So, is there anything I can do to fix it?
frang

Postby marcel » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:44 am

that happend to me, it's broken. just take it in to apple they can fix it for much lower than the price of a new one. :)
marcel

<

Postby ceolbeorht » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:50 am

well u probably cant fix it yourself if its an issue with the wiring or the screen (no offence but i think u would have fixed it by now if u had know such stuff) u probably should go to a person that fixes that kind of stuff... thats as much as i can help...
ceolbeorht

Postby jurre » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:58 am

Apple nor AT&T will fix the iphone, since there is no warranty for the phone. So basically if the iphone breaks, you have to get another one.
jurre

Postby manawydan78 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:02 pm

@ lovebug, there is a warranty on the phone, it just doesn't cover accidental damage.

Try to force the phone into recovery mode and restore it.

Basically, get to your computer with itunes and an internet connection and have the cable plugged into the COMPUTER only. Then hold down the home button on your phone and plug the cable into the phone. Keep holding the home button down. Hopefully itunes will pop up with a message that says iPhone found in recovery mode. at that point you will need to restore the phone to the factory defaults. Hopefully it will work.

If that doesn't work then the only way to get it fixed would be to get the phone replace for $199
manawydan78

Return to iPhone