<

I dropped my iPhone in milk?

Postby amold55 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:12 am

What do I do? I have it in a sealed bag of rice. I dont know what to do about having a phone in the meantime. WHAT DO I DOO?????? i'm freaking out right now. Please help!?!?!?!
amold55

Postby donn66 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:13 am

What do I do? I have it in a sealed bag of rice. I dont know what to do about having a phone in the meantime. WHAT DO I DOO?????? i'm freaking out right now. Please help!?!?!?!
The problem with milk is residue. Water is pretty much just water with small traces of suspended solids so dry uncooked rice works well to draw out the moisture from a phone that was dropped in water. However with milk, the rice will remove the moisture but will leave behind all of the mild residue. What will happen with that residue? It is hard to tell. I don't believe milk residue is corrosive. If so it is possible your phone may work. However, electronics and moisture do not mix well so it is also possible your phone is completely ruined. You have learned a valuable lesson - keep electronic items away from liquids.
donn66

<

Postby mungan10 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:19 am

Milk is definately not good for phones! Nor is coke. Take out the battery, sim, mem.card and dry off with paper towel especially around the contacts. Dry the rest slowly, blow out body with compressed air (garage air hose will do) and hope for the best.
mungan10

Postby fogarty » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:23 am

Give a few hours to a day let it sit in the rice so it will absorb the liquid
fogarty

Postby melrone » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:34 am

pray
melrone

Postby neron11 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:41 am

pray