<

I dropped my iphone 4 in water for 2 seconds!! WHAT DO I DO?

Postby suzanna » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:35 pm

Could i still send it in for repair, would it show even if i dropped it for 2 seconds!!!!! :*(
suzanna

Postby hlink2 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:39 pm

Could i still send it in for repair, would it show even if i dropped it for 2 seconds!!!!! :*(
My mom spilled a TON of water on her iphone but she took the battery and sim card out really quickly and dried it off for a few hours and it's perfectly fine now! Don't worry just take out the battery and dry everything and leave it out for a few hours! But do it quickly
hlink2

<

Postby benjamin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:56 pm

Take the battery and SIM card out and put the phone, battery, and SIM card in a bowl of rice. The rice will absorb the water and your phone should be fine (: good luck!
benjamin

Postby aethelweard47 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:04 am

Below are 12 easy steps to follow if you're iPhone has experienced water damage. Read on below for more details on each step.

1. Do not turn it on - that means, do not touch any buttons.
2. Do not turn it on - that means again, do not touch any buttons!
3. Do not turn it on - again, this will cause the phone to short circuit if there is ANY amount of water in it
4. Take it out of the case and remove the sim card.
5. Shake out any extra water.
6. Use a blow dryer on low heat for about 15 minutes to try and blow air through it and get rid of some of the water. Make sure it is on low heat.
7. Shake it out again.

Put it in a bag of rice, make sure it is completely covered
9. Leave it in the rice bag for 2 -3 days if your phone was in water for less then a few minutes and 6-7 days if your phone was in water for more than that.

Each day, take it out of the rice and use the blow dryer on low heat again for an additional 15 minutes. Then, put it back in the bag of rice.
10. After 2-3 days you can check to see if it is still wet by shaking it a little to see if any water comes out. Sometimes, water may not come out so if you want to be sure, leave it there for 4-5 days.
11. After you've left it in the rice bag for enough time, then try and turn it on to see if it works.

Remember: This is not foolproof, but it has worked for many people. The whole point of putting it in rice is to help it dry and remove the moisture.
aethelweard47

Return to iPhone