<

Emails that i've read through my iPhone WON'T show in my inbox on my computer?

Postby cymry57 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:51 am

ive set up my uni email on my iphone, so i generally open up new emails instantly, through my iphone. however, these emails WONT show up in my inbox if i log into my account through a computer. i havent deleted any emails or altered anything... why does it do that?
there is no evidence of emails i've received in my inbox, if i've opened them with my iphone!
cymry57

Postby ahanu » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:55 am

Hey, i have faced the exact same problem. It has to do with the server. I had to get a completely new email address but i can see your dilemma of wanting uni emails straight to your phone. Im not 100% sure why this happens however it has something to do with compatibility and the email server system. I know you cant change your uni email but if you want to get a good email system gmail is probably the best way to go as it syncs straight away with your phone. I am sorry i cant be much of a help with this - i think the best is to just battle on or not to use your phone because you don't want to get confused and delete something you need for uni.
ahanu

<

Postby burges » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:01 am

Not big deal. No need to create a new e-mail addresst. It's all about settings in your e-mail account. As I do not know which is your e-mail provider, I will just post a general answer, but it should work. Your e-mails are purchase to your phone, but they are also on the e-mail server, but you do not see them in your inbox (they are there, believe me). Anyway, log into your account using a computer (not a phone), then look for a button or link named SETTINGS or ACCOUNT SETTINGS or whatever SETTINGS, then look for another button or link or radio button that says or states "LEAVE A COPY OF MESSAGES ON THE SERVER". Make it active. All the future messages will be then visible in inbox (you'll see them via a web browser) and also on your mobile device. Hope you understand. Good luck !
burges

Return to iPhone