<

I found an AT&T Iphone4 and want to use it.?

Postby adoniya24 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:23 am

I found an ATT Iphone 4 and its been remotely wiped. I currently have service with Verizon, but want to know if I will have trouble going to an ATT store and starting an account with them. Please keep the self-rightousness to yourself. All the phone info is gone and I am not going to work hard to get back someone else's lost phone.
adoniya24

Postby iden84 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:28 am

I found an ATT Iphone 4 and its been remotely wiped. I currently have service with Verizon, but want to know if I will have trouble going to an ATT store and starting an account with them. Please keep the self-rightousness to yourself. All the phone info is gone and I am not going to work hard to get back someone else's lost phone.
since it is ATT the phone may be locked. u need to format the phone, jailbreak then unlock it so that u can use it with any gsm provider.
iden84

<

Postby bliss » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:36 am

Well keeping it for yourself isn't the right thing, but whatever.

Unless AT&T has a note tied to that phones serial number that it was stolen (which they might, if it's been remotely wiped) they shouldn't have an issue with you using the phone.
bliss

Postby vicq43 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:41 am

You can't use it. Some one probably stole it in the first place, ran up all kinds of charges on it, then wiped it and tossed it for some one else to be just as dumb and stupid. There is a reason for it being wiped clean. Give it to AT&T and tell them exactly where you found it would be the right thing to do, it is not your responsibility to try and find the owner..
vicq43

Postby winfred75 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:46 am

Even if it was remotely wiped it can still be tracked using mobileme.

the gps on that phone works even if the phone is off!!! if you stole it the owner can find the phones location and depending on your location they can press charges. Since the phone is over 500 value it can be a serious offense depending on your state laws.
winfred75

Postby dennie » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:52 am

If the owner took the time to wipe it then most certainly he reported it lost or stolen as well. That said the phone can't be used even if you jailbreak it since the IMEI cannot be changed by any means.

Regarding returning the phone being a hard work this is not true, even if it was wiped you can go to any AT&T store or call them directly and give them the IMEI which will be used to track the owner.

Since you can't use the phone just return it, the owner will be so happy that he may give you a reward ;)
dennie

Return to iPhone