<

My girlfriend wants to know my Facebook Password? Should I give it to her?

Postby anntoin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:18 pm

My girlfriend wants me to tell her my Facebook Password...and also my email and iPhone passwords?

I said "No"...and now she is giving me the Silent Treatment/With-holding prayer because she says I mustn't trust her...and that I need to tell her these things so we can build intimacy/share things?

Is this normal? Do normal couples know each other's computer passwords and read their emails? What should I do?
anntoin

Postby worcester35 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Don't give her YOUR passwords. If she wants to pull silent treatment and no prayer then she is immature. They are YOUR passwords, she needs to accept that.
worcester35

<

Postby waverly19 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:31 pm

Hell no. Giving her your passwords isn't a sign of trust, it is giving her control over you. The fact that she would demand such control and find it unreasonable that you aren't giving it to her says something about her emotional maturity. A relationship means accepting one another on their own term, not trying to change each other to fit your desires. If she wants to be a control freak, it may be time to look for a new girlfriend.
waverly19

Postby joseba » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:47 pm

NO! Just because you are a couple doesn't mean that you have to share EVERY LITTLE THING! You both are entitled to some areas apart from each other. Friending each other is one thing, but that's as far as it needs to go. This is not a trust issue, it's a control issue as she is making clear through her actions.
My BF maintains my computer for me, but even he doesn't know my log-in password - it's none of his business what I have on my computer or on my FB or in my email.
joseba

Postby adamka » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:56 pm

NO! Just because you are a couple doesn't mean that you have to share EVERY LITTLE THING! You both are entitled to some areas apart from each other. Friending each other is one thing, but that's as far as it needs to go. This is not a trust issue, it's a control issue as she is making clear through her actions.
My BF maintains my computer for me, but even he doesn't know my log-in password - it's none of his business what I have on my computer or on my FB or in my email.
if she wants it give it to her, some gals will start thinking that u r cheating on them if u dont give it to them, or u flirt with gals on facebook... the main thing here is DO YOU BOTH TRUST EACH OTHER... i have my boyfriend's. i dont care if i have it or not. its a matter of trust.
adamka

Postby adamek72 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:00 pm

No! DO NOT DO THAT if you do that she will wear the pants in the relationship, don't let her give you an ultimatum. You're the man she's supposed to be co-signing to what you say and what you wanna do. Withholding prayer? If I was in your position I would break up with her. Why does she need to know all that information?
adamek72

Postby arledge95 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Don't give someone your password if you don't want to. What she's saying is not building trust or intimacy. Respect eachothers privacy. I would not want my bf to look through my phone or facebook.

Tell her she's overreacting and set things straight.
arledge95

Postby calfhierde91 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:05 pm

dude I've been married for 3 years and my husband nevers asks me for my passwords. I never ask him, I could care less. If he's gonna cheat, he's gonna find a way no matter what I do to try to stop it. So I don't bother with the little things in life. tell her no and be firm about it. she sounds immature.
calfhierde91

Postby cuilean37 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:08 pm

Ask for hers too.
If she says no then you have a god reason to say no too.
cuilean37

Postby spear47 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:13 pm

no. a relationship has to have privacy as well.
spear47

Next

Return to iPhone