<

I am going to buy an iphone 4 from someone off craigslist need help?

Postby marylu » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:44 pm

I am going to buy an iphone 4 from someone off craigslist need help.

It is for verizon. I am used to buying my friends att and you put in sim card and it works so its good.

But is there a way to tell f the phone has a bad esn or wont work if i take it to verizon after i buy to set it up?
marylu

Postby cillian » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:48 pm

DO NOT buy an iphone off CL or even ebay. Most likely it is a STOLEN phone and will be locked (unusable).
cillian

<

Postby gervaso » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:53 pm

Be mentally prepared to accept the fact that it might be broken and will not work, which is probably why they are selling it. Of course, if you then take it to a Verizon store they will be able to tell you if it is no good for anything. This is the risk of buying off Craigslist - lot of scammers and good-for-nothings lurking there.
gervaso

Postby arvis59 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:55 pm

For all but the most discriminating user, the new Verizon version of the iPhone 4 is the same iPhone 4 we’ve known for the past seven months. If you’re thinking of buying an iPhone and are unsure about which carrier to choose, you’d be well advised to talk to friends about coverage and dead spots near you, and to compare rate plans. If Verizon’s network serves you better than AT&T’s, you can finally make the move (though you may have to pay a fee to get out of your contract—that’s something would-be AT&T switchers should check before committing to Verizon)
arvis59

Postby gerry43 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:02 pm

Hi! I know that there have been issues with buying phones through peer-to-peer websites in the past, and there may continue to be in the future. However, there have also been many satisfactory transactions conducted through such channels. I count myself as a participant of both kinds! If the concern is that you may be buying a phone that has been flagged as unavailable to activate on your account, you have two options to get assurance before you buy. Once you have obtained the ESN/Device ID number, you can either check eligibility through our online tool (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/estore/certifieddevice/cd) or you can contact us directly at 800-922-0204.

Dion M.
VZW Support
gerry43

Return to iPhone