<

Had my phone stolen, it's been blocked by the network, so what exactly is "blocked"?

Had my phone stolen, it's been blocked by the network, so what exactly is "blocked"?

Postby wiley » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:10 am

my phone was stolen today and i've had it all sorted out in regards of police report, insurance company replacement, and the network blocking the phone.

as soon as i found out i called them and they blocked the phone's usage, so i could ring it but it couldn't make calls or do ANYTHING that involved spending money on my SIM.

later on they blacklisted the phone so no matter what SIM was in the phone, it wouldn't work because it'd been reported as stolen.

i was just wondering, does this mean whoever has my phone can't see ANYTHING on it anymore?

it's not like i have anything to hide, i just don't like the idea of someone going through my App's (it was an iphone), reading my messages, looking at my pictures etc.

i was also logged into facebook, eBuddy, gmail and several other things on my phone - have they now been blocked too? the person can't get on them, and meddle with my fb/msn/gmail?

as far as i'm aware before blocking it the person didn't go on facebook or gmail but when i signed onto MSN on my computer, it was currently signed on on my phone, so they'd been on that.

but what i'm asking is, by "blocking" it, what can still be accessed? i realllly dont want someone on my fb or anything, they could upload any of my pictures to facebook, i'm just really worried, or can they not do that now it's blocked?

basically what CAN'T they do, now it's been blocked and blacklisted, and what CAN they do?
wiley

Postby gerritt » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:19 am

It means that they can't use your account with the phone company. Unless you stored your information in the SIM card (and there isn't much room there so usually you don't have anything there unless you intentionally moved it to the card) then whom ever has your phone has your phone book, your pictures and your videos.

The blacklisting just means your phone company won't allow it to connect with a new SIM card but they can still get a SIM card from another cell phone provider if the phone was unlocked.

You probably should change your facebook password.
gerritt

<

Postby elroy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:26 am

It depends call the company and ask.
elroy

Return to iPhone