<

How can I get my iPhone 4 repaired?

Postby osama81 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:01 pm

My brand new (4 weeks old) iPhone 4 has a giant crack spreading throughout the entire glass back of it. I stupidly dropped it after getting out of my car. It's still under warranty until October so can anyone suggest how I could get it repaired? I don't even mind sending it away to Apple to get repaired but if anyone could give me an estimate of the price it would cost, it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance! :)
osama81

Postby duer57 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:09 pm

Not sure why people seem to think a warranty cover accidental damage as it doesn't, that's what insurance is for.

If you have not got home insurance you can claim off you will have to get it repaired by preferably taking it to an Apple shop. You will have to Google for the nearest one to you. As your asking on the UK&Ireland site the cost should be around £150 as long as nothing else is damaged inside.
duer57

<

Postby ramzey13 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:14 pm

Correct, a warranty would not cover accidental damage. Taking it to the Apple store will just result in frustration.

If you want it repaired, you will have to get it professionally repaired by an iPhone repair company. This will cost around $179.99. Check out the link in my source for a credible iPhone repair company that would be able to assist you.
ramzey13

Postby rique59 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:21 pm

It might cost something between $100 to $300 if you take it to the Apple Store, which might be the best thing to do. That's just a guestimation, mind you. If there are any near you, "The Mac Guys" might be able to help. Look them up. They repair Apple things for a lot cheaper than in the Apple Store, and they have a waiting list for not as long.
rique59

Postby boetius29 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:23 pm

Use the apple website and send it back under the warranty...how to go through a claim is all on there site, you put it in online and they send out the envelope etc for it to you.
boetius29

Return to iPhone