<

How can you tell if someone is on Facebook (online) but using their phone APP?

Postby walbrydge » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:02 pm

I am wanting to see if others are on FB but using their cell phone BLACKBERRY OR IPHONE or any smartphone...
walbrydge

Postby beval » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:10 pm

I am wanting to see if others are on FB but using their cell phone BLACKBERRY OR IPHONE or any smartphone...
You can't the facebook uses XMPP protocol, which allows multiple logins from different location and sources and has no way to show which method it is being connected to.
The only real way is to ask.
A trick i have learned is that alot of smart phones (iphone, RIM, andoid) have the auto correct future, which also means the first letter of every sentences is auto capitalized. So if your friend normally doesn't start off his sentences with capital letters, and he is doing it, odds are he is on a phone.
beval

<

Postby tavion » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:17 pm

You can't the facebook uses XMPP protocol, which allows multiple logins from different location and sources and has no way to show which method it is being connected to.
The only real way is to ask.
A trick i have learned is that alot of smart phones (iphone, RIM, andoid) have the auto correct future, which also means the first letter of every sentences is auto capitalized. So if your friend normally doesn't start off his sentences with capital letters, and he is doing it, odds are he is on a phone.
To see if anybody is online, there's an app on Facebook called 'Online Now'. Check it out.
tavion

Postby struan81 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:21 pm

there is a application to find who is online.check this out - https://apps.facebook.com/udayografbonline/
struan81

Postby gabrielo55 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:34 pm

there is a application to find who is online.check this out - https://apps.facebook.com/udayografbonline/
Ask Them...
gabrielo55

Return to iPhone