<

How to get real 3G service on a disconnected jailbroken iPhone 4?

Postby cid85 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:23 am

My jailbroken iPhone 4 is getting disconnected from my service provider today so I won't be able to make calls or use 3G service... Is there a hack in cydia I could purchase to regain ability to use 3G for real?? Or maybe even make calls?? please help. Any method will be fine just tell me how lol

Major points for whoever helps.
cid85

Postby lany11 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:30 am

Don't ask us to help you steal what the rest of us pay for.
lany11

<

Postby haben95 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:33 am

The following will only work for a GSM iPhone (iPhone that uses a SIM card)...

The only legal way to get 3G service without paying extra for it is to have prepaid service that uses EDGE ("2.75G") for their data and then turn your iPhone's 3G data option on. They won't care that you are using 3G until you exceed your data limit, usually 2GB per month. If you use 3G instead of EDGE, you'll reach 2GB much faster than if you were using EDGE.

Aside from this, it's only theoretically possible to get 3G without paying "extra" for it. You would have to have limited EDGE data with a prepaid service on their OEM handset, and then you would have to hack your iPhone to allow the prepaid SIM card to accept the iPhone. If your iPhone works with the prepaid SIM card and your airtime units were previously stored on the OEM handset, now your airtime minutes are "virtual", meaning that the phone no longer restricts you to how many units you have. With your 3G data option on, your phone might now be able to receive 3G data without the network knowing exactly how many airtime units you have.

If you were to exceed your "virtual" airtime units, it's impossible to predict what would happen. Odds are that the parent service provider (like AT&T) would at least suspect something of your SIM card number and after some secret surveillance, they would send an order to your prepaid company to terminate your service. However, if you never exceeded your "virtual" airtime units, or possibly even kept your usage close to what you purchased, you may never have any problems.
haben95

Postby neason » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:41 am

no just use wifi
neason

Return to iPhone