<

How much data is used when watching tv online?

Postby payne » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:47 pm

here is my concern,

i am thinking about subscribing to sky sports on my iphone to watch over my home wifi.

i have unlimited wifi supplied by Sky broadband.

if i watch for example a football match for 90 mins, how much date would that roughly use?

as i am worried about potentially exceeding a large amount of date usage, although sky do advertise that they have TRUE unlimited broadband without any fair usage policy.
payne

Postby darran18 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:51 pm

If you watch over your home wifi you don't have to subscribe to anything and since you have unlimited service, you don't have to worry about it. If you watch over another service it depends on the file type they're streaming. It could go as high as 6mb/second, but it's usually lower than that - no more than the bandwidth you;re paying for, which is probably on the order of 1mbps or less.
darran18

<

Postby guang » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:06 pm

If you plan to watch something online, most shows and movies are compressed to the maxiumum, so that they can offer a good broadcast. That means an avergage movie would have around 500-800 megabytes. All this traffic is to be made from the traffic included into your internet provider contract.(or you are going to pay for it if it goes over the specified amount). TV shows can sometimes be smaller, and if a movie or show lack quality, it means it`s small in size. Smaller streams will load faster and will not frame when viewed
guang

Return to iPhone