<

How much is a monthly bill for a verizon iPhone 4s?

Postby osbourne » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:24 am

i know the phone itself is $200 but how much do i have to pay monthley (i need the lowest price) its verizon
osbourne

Postby lorenzo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:26 am

i know the phone itself is $200 but how much do i have to pay monthley (i need the lowest price) its verizon
the starting plan is 450 min for $59.99 and a 2gb data plan for $30.00
this doesn't have any texting, etc

so basically you are looking at $89.99 per month, plus whatever local taxes you might have
lorenzo

<

Postby delano48 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:35 am

The lowest price is never a direct contract from a big service provider. In fact they always charge you twice what you could pay if you had a prepaid service. I have Tracfone service and so does my family for between $7 and $27 a month. The service isn't for smartphones, but Tracfone's sister company, Straight Talk, has an unlimited talk, text, and web prepaid service for $45 a month. I just noticed that you can buy a Straight Talk SIM card for $15 and use it in an AT&T or T-Mobile GSM smartphone that does not have service (I presume that iPhones are included in this acceptable phone group). If the phone is unlocked, the carrier branding does not matter. Then I noticed that Straight Talk explains how to change your APN settings (carrier settings) on the phone so that it will accept a third party SIM card (a Straight Talk SIM card). Then you pay less than half of what you would pay with a contract iPhone.

I think that Straight Talk just came out with this because the "old" way to use the iPhone with Straight Talk was to install an active Straight Talk SIM card in an iPhone without service and then use APN changing software to get it to work. Most notably http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/?page_id=2 has information about how this is done.

Either way, you should buy a refurbished GSM iPhone without service from a reputable seller. It will be the same as a new phone, but it will save you more than half the cost of an unactivated phone from a carrier's store.
delano48

Return to iPhone