<

How do I ship an item to someone?

Postby bret20 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:06 pm

I would like to sell my iphone to someone on ebay.the problem is i never shipped to anyone before.
I dont have any boxes or anything. what do I do can someone tell me in detail what do i say when i go to the post office and what will i expect. please give detail and will they provide a box for me? thanks?
bret20

Postby watelford » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:07 pm

What Richard fails to mention is that while Priority Mail flat rate boxes are real, they're EXPENSIVE.

You can buy a box from the PO for a small fee and then pay First Class postage (which is up to 13 oz.). Over 13 is Parcel Post

Make sure you add Delivery Confirmation, it's a cheap online tracking code.
watelford

<

Postby kinsey34 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:10 pm

USPS has several sizes of flat-rate boxes, from about $8 to about $15. These boxes are real. Check which size box you'll need, assuming you'll also need to add packing material (which you'll also need) to safely ship the phone. You want at least 2 inches of packing material around the item in the box.

When the phone sells and is paid for, click the "Print Shipping Label" link next to the sold item on your SOLD page.

When you get to the print postage page, be sure to select the CORRECT flat-rate box size from the list. It'll then automatically fill the screen with the correct shipping cost.

I'd suggest insurance, and if the phone sells for over $200, get Signature Confirmation as well.

If it all looks good, click "Pay and Print". You can then print your mailing label and affix it to the box. The cost of the postage will automatically be deducted from the PayPal balance.

Take the box with the postage label on it to your local USPS office. Stand in line and make sure the clerk scans the package. Don't just hand it over, and don't drop it in the drop-off box that some USPS offices have. Getting it scanned is the best first step to being able to track the package properly.

That's it. The buyer will automatically be sent an email saying the item's been shipped and they'll also get the Delivery Confirmation #.

Hope this helps.
kinsey34

Postby chalfan84 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:21 pm

They will just ask what you want to ship and they will provide you with a box and you will then give it to them to tape and then pay for the box and the shipping cost.
chalfan84

Return to iPhone