<

How to turn off your iphone without using the lock button?

Postby cearbhall70 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:33 am

The lock button on my iphone is broken so how do I turn off my phone without using that? Is there any way?
cearbhall70

Postby brandeis77 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:34 am

The lock button on my iphone is broken so how do I turn off my phone without using that? Is there any way?
I had this issue for a while too, the easiest way is to turn your auto-lock to 1 minute and then just pocket your phone when you want it to turn off.

Actually turning the phone completely off? That's another game entirely. It's possible if your phone is jailbroken
brandeis77

<

Postby bayerd41 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:36 am

Let the battery die!
bayerd41

Re: How to turn off your iphone without using the lock butto

Postby Leslie » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:15 am

Go to settings, then "general", then scroll down to "accessability", scroll down to where it says "physical&motor" And turn ON the "assistive touch"

A small gray square button will appear. Tap that button, and a larger square with "gestures", devive, the home button and a star will appear, press the "DEVICE", another screen will appear and press and hold the "lock screen" tab,(make sure you HOLD it down until the slide power bar appears) hold this will activate the slide to power off feature.

It sounds at first like a lot of steps, but once you have it activated its not a big deal.

Leslie

Return to iPhone