<

How do you enable Net10 Data/MMS services on an unlocked iPhone 3GS?

Postby elvy38 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:17 am

I recently (Friday) purchased and received a BYOP SIM from Net10 which promised unlimited text, call, and data on any unlocked GSM AT&T phone. Naturally, I tried to stick the SIM in my jailbroken and unlocked iPhone (running 4.1 firmware) and I had my old number ported over to the new SIM. I quickly realized that I would have to put more work into getting my MMS messages and non-wifi data services to work. I read a few forums on the topic and tried three different methods. unlockit.co.nz SHOULD enable you to scroll down a list and choose your carrier to adjust the APN accordingly. No luck. iPhone Configuration Utility let's you manually change it through your PC. No luck. TetherMe (an app on Cydia's store let's you also manually change the APN settings from your actual i device, but that also returned no results. What am I missing?
elvy38

Postby stanwood » Fri May 31, 2013 10:19 am

I recently (Friday) purchased and received a BYOP SIM from Net10 which promised unlimited text, call, and data on any unlocked GSM AT&T phone. Naturally, I tried to stick the SIM in my jailbroken and unlocked iPhone (running 4.1 firmware) and I had my old number ported over to the new SIM. I quickly realized that I would have to put more work into getting my MMS messages and non-wifi data services to work. I read a few forums on the topic and tried three different methods. unlockit.co.nz SHOULD enable you to scroll down a list and choose your carrier to adjust the APN accordingly. No luck. iPhone Configuration Utility let's you manually change it through your PC. No luck. TetherMe (an app on Cydia's store let's you also manually change the APN settings from your actual i device, but that also returned no results. What am I missing?
Here is the programming page for Net10 bring your own phone.

http://www.net10sim.com/support.php

Make sure that the APN is the same as what is listed on the website.
stanwood

<

Postby byram » Fri May 31, 2013 10:28 am

If you have jailbroken iPhone, tetherme tweak would do the trick.
This is what your settings should look like. Fill in the fields on your iPhone as follows:

Cellular Data
APN: att.mvno
Username:
Password:

MMS
APN: att.mvno
Username:
Password:
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com:80
MMS Max Size: 1048576
MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

The number you have for the mms proxy is fine both go to the same place just add the MMS UA Prof URL and MMS should work then.
byram

Postby hassun » Fri May 31, 2013 10:32 am

First of all, don't go through net10, go through StraightTalk.com, they are the same company but straight talk only charges $45 a month for unlimited, so you save $5 a month. I'm 99% sure you can use the sim card you bought from net10 and join straight talk with it. Go to howardforums.com, look under prepaid, then Straight Talk for all your sim/iphone questions and answers.
hassun

Return to iPhone