<

How do you get the iphone 4 to vibrate on incoming texts yet still ring on incoming calls?

How do you get the iphone 4 to vibrate on incoming texts yet still ring on incoming calls?

Postby eloy35 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:58 pm

i want my phone to ring whenever i get a call but i want it to only vibrate when i get a text. there doesnt seem to be a way to do this i either have to have everything on just vibrate or everything has to have a sound. is there anyway to do this
eloy35

Postby iustig » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:13 pm

i want my phone to ring whenever i get a call but i want it to only vibrate when i get a text. there doesnt seem to be a way to do this i either have to have everything on just vibrate or everything has to have a sound. is there anyway to do this
sorry, but there is no way you can do that
iustig

<

Re: How do you get the iphone 4 to vibrate on incoming texts

Postby Niteblood » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:36 pm

I had a CEO at my company get an Iphone 4s. He previously had a blackberry that would ring on incoming calls, but only vibreate on text / email. There is no setting for this configuration on the Iphone. So I broke down the problem. You can make the iphone Vibrate with any ringtone.. so why not just make an empty ringtone.

Here's what I did...

1. In windows make an empty WAV file using sndrec32 ((Ten seconds should do it.))

2. Convert that empty Wav into an MP# with your favorite converter. ((I user "SUPER"))

3. Use the following process stolen from e-how.

Open iTunes.

Find the ((Empty MP3)) that you want to make into a ringtone.

Right-click the song and select "Get Info."

Right-click your song again and select "Convert Selection to AAC." Wait for iTunes to convert your song. It will create a duplicate version.

Right-click the ringtone and select "Delete."

Click on the "Keep Files" button.

Find the file. It's usually in your User folder under "Music > iTunes > iTunes Music" It will have an extension of m4a.

Replace the m4a extension of your ringtone with m4r. You can either double-click slowly to rename your file, or right-click and select "Get Info" on a Mac or "Rename" on a Windows PC.

Click "Use .m4r" or the PC equivalent when the system warns you that the change may affect the use of your file.

Double-click the ringtone file. ITunes will automatically add it to your ringtones folder in your iTunes Music Library.

Connect your iPhone and sync your ringtones.

Once you have the Ring tone, Go into your settings and select your silent ringtone leaving the vibrate option enabled. This effectively Plays and vibrates, but since the ringtone is empty, it makes no noise.
Niteblood

Return to iPhone