<

How do you take out the battery to an iphone?

Postby bertin15 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:49 pm

It depends on what model you're using. If you have a 2G/3G/3Gs, then the process is relatively simple. It takes a small Philips screwdriver, a suction cup, and a little patience.

I made a tutorial about replacing the battery in an iPhone 3G/3Gs. You can find it on my friend's site at http://www.my friend's site.com/watch?v=gEmCPPE1-tE

If you take it to an Apple store, they'll either tell you that you need to send it in at a cost of $79+s/h OR (and in my experience, much more likely) they'll tell you that the logic board is dead and that you need to upgrade to the iPhone 4. (That's what happened to me.)

Luckily, it's an easy fix if you're even remotely comfortable using a screwdriver. You can buy the battery on eBay for ~$5+s/h and the whole process take less than an hour.

MAKE SURE to watch the video BEFORE you buy the battery because there is such a thing as buying the wrong battery. (Depending on what model of iPhone you're using.)

Good luck.
bertin15

Postby reid » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:53 pm

You can't unless you dismantled it using powerful tools but you would most likely destroy the iphone in the process of trying to extract the battery.

It might even cost more money to remove and/or replace the battery than it would to buy a new iphone.
reid

<

Postby bren42 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:54 pm

You can't unless you dismantled it using powerful tools but you would most likely destroy the iphone in the process of trying to extract the battery.

It might even cost more money to remove and/or replace the battery than it would to buy a new iphone.
i wouldnt try taking it out myself i would let a a pro do it because the battery is like a bag and its really easy to bend and rip...
bren42

Postby felix36 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:58 pm

you can't unless you unscrew the back and take it out.
felix36

Postby bothain19 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:07 pm

open it
bothain19

Return to iPhone